– Look, we all know life can be stressful at times and really, at times, it can even be overwhelming, so it’s no wonder that a recent survey found that 51% of Americans are motivated to go on vacation to recharge, destress and reset. That’s exactly why I go. And I brought back my buddy to give us the inside scoop.
Please welcome the travel mom, Emily Kaufman. – Hi, everybody. – [Steve] Hey, Emily. – Hi, Steve. – [Steve] Good to see you again. – Good to be back with you.
– Alright now, we got a couple in the audience up here that has a question for you. Where’s Phaedra and Shaun? What’s your question for Emily? – Well, we’ve been together for about 17 years, married for 13, we have two beautiful children.
The last vacation we took alone, without children, was about 14 years ago. We did not get a honeymoon because I was very pregnant at the time when we got married, so the last few years have been rather tricky. I had breast cancer, went through the whole treatment and surgery. I’m in remission, but we would love… (audience applauding) We would love an opportunity to go somewhere, on a budget, just the two of us to kinda celebrate having gotten past what we’ve gone through recently, so. – And go without our kids.
(audience laughing) – She said that, Shaun, but you know, he may have mentioned without the children. – [Shaun] It’s time – [Steve] Yeah, it is. So Emily, what do you think is the best type of vacation?
– [Emily] You know, you’re not alone in wanting to find some time, grown-up time, self-care is such a big, important thing, and there’s a big trend with what we call wellness vacations and wellness vacations are body, mind and spirit, you come back rejuvenated, inspired and motivated. – Tell us about the first wellness vacation. – Well, wellness vacations come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, and the fist one I want to tell you about is a beach front retreat in Tulum, Mexico, right at the ocean, it’s called Amansala. Amansala is an eco-chic resort and it’s home to something called Bikini Bootcamp.
I just went there and Bikini Bootcamp allows you to move your body, eat healthy food, reconnect with yourself and do it in a relaxed, casual, ocean front experience in Tulum, Mexico. This one is a really casual yet luxurious, it marries great service, great food, great exercise, yet you stand thatched roof, gorgeous ocean front resort type property. – [Steve] Yeah, okay, that’s cool.
Tulum is super casual, very chic and a very hip, popular place to be right now. – Yeah, I’d like to wear a suit or something to dinner, you know. – Well you’re not gonna wear a suit to dinner but I do have another place where you can wear a suit together.
– Okay what we got? – And I know how much you love Las Vegas. Red Rock Resort and Casino now has a spa. They’re a wellness destination, they’ve got something they’re called the bod pod.
It looks sorta like a spaceship egg and it takes all of your measurements, so you get a handle of where you are. As you begin your journey you can do massages, you can exercise, you can also go out to dinner at T-bone Steakhouse and have a dirty Martini if that’s what you wanna do and hit the online casino and you can balance it, take care of your body, mind, and spirit. I know how you like to fly to Las Vegas and JetSuiteX, they operate out of Private Hangers, at an affordable price, they go from Birming to Las Vegas, Private Hanger, no TSA, it looks like it would be not affordable, if you treat yourself to something, maybe it’s $20 more one way, give it a shot, it’s really worth it, we deserve these things.
– So you got one more trip? – I do, I just got back from– – It’s the most baller of them all? – It is the most baller of them all. – Come on, come on! – It is luxurious, it’s their grand opening just happened.
Miraval in Tucson is world famous, Oprah Winfrey hung out there, Ellen hung out there, and now Miraval has opened a brand new resort in Austin at Lake Travis and I just got to go to their grand opening, and what I love about them is everything is with intention behind it. So whether you’re doing yoga or learning to throw a hatchet or archery or engaging with horses, everything you do is mindful so you’re aware of what you’re learning, I learnt so much about myself on a challenge course, not to mention, the food is outstanding, the accommodations are awesome, the service is outstanding, making it what you would call, – Baller. – Baller.
– I like all of that. Phaedra and Shaun, what do you think of that Miraval in Austin? – Oh my gosh. – Looks good. – [Steve] Looks pretty good?
– Yes. – [Steve] Okay, cool, cause that’s where you’re going. (cheering) We are sending you on a three night relaxing getaway to the brand new Miraval, Austin in Austin, Texas. This all inclusive resort just opened on February 4th and it offers one-of-a-kind luxurious spa treatments, yoga and meditation classes and dozens and dozens of cooking classes.
So Phaedra and Shaun, what do you think about that? – Oh! Excited!
– Alright, we’re ready! – That would be real nice man, that– – Thank you so much. – Thank you very much. – Alright audience, guess what? A few people in here are about to win the other trips that Emily was talking about. (cheering) Someone is about to win a four nights stay at Amansala, eco-chic resort and spa in Tulum, Mexico.
You and a guest are going to experience all inclusive accommodation, massage treatments, daily yoga, meditation and of course, Bikini Bootcamp. Alright, let’s see who’s going. Stop!
(cheering) Okay, what’s your name, ma’am? – My name’s Karen Brown. – Hey Karen Brown, where you from? – I’m from Central New York, Canandaigua New York. – Well, guess what, congratulations, have fun in Mexico! Okay, now, we gonna be sending someone out there and a guest on a three night getaway to the Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas.
You’re gonna experience signature suite accommodations, dinner at the T-bones Chophouse and you’ll enjoy a Play Well RX package at the spa at Red Rock Resort, with message treatments, acupuncture, facials and more. Airfare provided by JetSuiteX. Alright, lets see who’s going.
(cheering) Stop! Alright, what’s your name? – I’m Zuri.
– Hey Zuri, where you from? – San Diego. – San Diego, well, guess what, you’re going to Las Vegas. (cheering) and you’re gonna be flying with JetSuite! I wanna say thanks to Emily Kaufman, for more information on all the trips we talked about, head over to SteveTV.com.
We’ll be right back.